Last year was an exceptionally prolific year for me finishing games. This year I moved to a new house, got married, and finished my masters program, all within four months. Granted, that doesn’t sound like much, but it also does not leave me with as much time as I used to have to play games. As such, this year’s list of games I have finished is much shorter. My initial post was around this time last year, so let’s see how far I’ve come.
- Assassin’s Creed II (2009, X360) – January
- Borderlands (2009, X360) – March
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009, X360) – August
- Carcassonne (2007, X360) – September
- Dante’s Inferno (2009, X360) – August
- Dead Rising 2: Case 0 (2010, X360) – September
- Dragon Age: Origins (2009, PC) – October
- Limbo (2010, X360) – October
- Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent (2010, PC) – July
- Singularity (2010, X360) – December
As with last year, only major add-ons count, not just Rock Band songs.
- Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned – April
- Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx – June
- Dragon Age: Origins: Warden’s Keep – September
- Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing – August
These are games that don’t really have a defined ending point, and as a result of that, I have invested a lot of time into them this year, and will probably continue to do so this year, and beyond.
- Beat Hazard (2010, PC)
- Civilization V (2010, PC)
- Minecraft Alpha (2010, PC)
- Rock Band 3 (2010, X360)
Update (9/12): Made a lot of progress once I got through all of my big summer projects. Now that the wife has started teaching again, I will have a lot of time in my evenings open, so I will be playing a lot more at that time. Got a lot of stuff going at once on the PC, so we’ll see how that all fleshes out as time progresses.
Update (11/1): If you intend to play anything else in your life ever, do not invest any time in Civilization V, Rock Band 3, or Minecraft. All of which I decided to play, and now, play only those games.